Restrictions – the small print
Our Barn is a unique building dating from 1342 and it may not suit all hirers’ needs. We have therefore found it useful in the past if potential hirers have an escorted visit to the Barn to view what might be available to them, to work out what is possible or not, and to assess whether the Barn would be suitable for their event. This would include discussions about the type of event, your planned activities, the timetable and the numbers of guests envisaged.
Our Medieval Barn is a unique national historical asset, so if you would like to hire the Barn or any part of the complex, you must be prepared to adapt your requirements to the needs of the Barn itself. In the event that your requested booking is accepted by the Trust, you must undertake to respect the buildings of the Barn complex, and guarantee to keep any disruption to the immediate neighbourhood and the wider village community to the minimum.
Neither the issue, completion nor submission of our booking enquiry forms guarantee that the Trust will accept the booking request. Any hire request that is accepted, would be subject to the Trust’s written Terms and Conditions – some of the principle conditions include:
• Operating hours which have been set by the local authority require that the Barn is not used before 09:30 or after 22:00
• Rules governing what type and volume of music may be played
• Rules covering the maximum number of people and vehicles that may be on site at any one time
• Restrictions on the use of naked lights, heating equipment and other potential sources of ignition or equipment
• Requirements that full details of your proposed event, including timings, equipment, decorations or other ‘embellishments’ must be agreed in advance with the Trust. Nothing may be fixed to any part of the Barn structure – even temporarily – without the prior consent of the Trust.
• Provision by you of a Risk Management Plan for your event
Details of hiring fees, charges and deposits.
Any figures given here are indicative only; they are neither a quotation nor an estimate. The Trust reserves the right to decline a hire request or proposal at its own absolute discretion without giving reasons. The Trust reserves the right to vary these figures and T&Cs at any time without notice. Additional fees may be stipulated from time to time depending on the nature of the hiring request.